New and Noteworthy in Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS – Las Vegas is constantly evolving. From electric entertainment and new resorts to the latest in culinary trends, Vegas is still the place where everything is brighter, bolder, and more exciting. As gathering and capacity numbers are increasing, the destination continues to keep “Vegas Smart” measures at the forefront, while allowing the unparalleled guest experience to shine through.
Exciting Entertainment and Attractions
Las Vegas is known as the entertainment capital of the world for a reason. Shows ranging from comedy to magic to adult revues continue to reopen, and new interactive attractions add to the entertainment landscape.
- MGM Resorts International recently re-opened several stage shows adhering to capacity limits and appropriate distancing, including Thunder From Down Under at Excalibur Hotel & Casino, FANTASY and Carrot Top at Luxor Hotel and Casino, and Brad Garrett’s Comedy Club at MGM Grand. Jabbawockeez returns to the stage with its show TIMELESS at the Grand Garden Arena at MGM Grand Thursday, March 11. The Australian Bee Gees Show – A Tribute to the Bee Gees at Excalibur will resume Monday, March 15. Terry Fator brings his new show, Terry Fator: Who's the Dummy Now? to New York-New York Hotel & Casino Thursday, March 18. David Copperfield returns Sunday, March 21 to the David Copperfield Theater inside MGM Grand.
- AREA15, the world’s first experiential entertainment complex built to be an immersive playground and all-in-one spectacular space is already enthralling guests. Mesmerizing zones feature engaging activations and rides, monumental art installations, unique retail, bars and eateries are around every corner. One of the most-anticipated installations – Omega Mart – is now open. The Santa Fe-based arts and entertainment company Meow Wolf opened the one-of-a-kind supermarket store experience and portal to the otherworldly that acts as the anchor experience at AREA15. Spanning 52,000 square feet, Omega Mart is the work of hundreds of creatives on staff and more than 50 collaborating visual and musical artists from all over the world. AREA15 recently started construction on “The Grounds,” a new large-scale event space slated to open this summer.
- ABSINTHE by Spiegelworld reopens at Caesars Palace on Wednesday, March 17. Guests can expect cabaret-style seating inside the spiegeltent, which will allow parties of two to six to reserve tables positioned no less than six feet apart, while still feeling close to the action. Even with reduced seating and physical distancing, viewers will still experience the hilarious show as it is meant to be. For pre-show fun, the outdoor Green Fairy Garden with its spectacular Absinthe Electric Oak will allow for more social distancing than likely any theater foyer in the world.
- After thrilling nearly 1,500 audiences during its inaugural run, MAGIC MIKE LIVE opens August 27, where it will be the entertainment centerpiece at the SAHARA Las Vegas. The cutting-edge, two-story space on the resort’s second floor is solely dedicated to the show and its guests; using this space to the fullest, the show’s new venue will be nearly 50% larger than its last and will implement new features and technologies making it even bigger, sexier and more magical.
- Live is back! Life is Beautiful – the three-day celebration that unifies the concepts of art, music, good, comedy and ideas – returns to Downtown Las Vegas September 17-19. After a year pause, the festival will once again taker over 18 city blocks with unparalleled talent, world-renowned culinary offerings, experiential artists and more. The 2021 festival promises to deliver more of the chart-topping acts – including pop sensation Billie Eilish, Green Day, Tame Impala, A$AP Rocky, Ludacris and many more – culinary experiences, and public art that the festival is famous for.
Delightful Culinary Experiences
Dining in Vegas is an event of its own. The last several months have seen the addition of new top-notch restaurants, trendy lounges and world-class chefs representing food from all over the globe, with more on the way.
- Spring is in the air and the drinks are flowing at Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa at Crimson in Bloom, a garden-inspired indoor and outdoor terrace lounge full of beautiful hand-crafted cocktails, extravagant floral décor and an energetic atmosphere with live DJ-spun music. Every Friday through Sunday night through Sunday, May 16, guests can sit indoor or poolside in comfortable lounge seating or reserve a cabana and enjoy the spring nights under a canopy of bistro lights.
- The popular Greek seafood restaurant, Estiatorio Milos will open at The Venetian Resort in March. The restaurant by chef and owner Costas Spiliadis will bring the Mediterranean-inspired seafood menu made with the finest ingredients, fish market, an extensive list of fine wines, and modern aesthetic to the resort. Milos will be open for lunch and dinner when it debuts at The Venetian’s Restaurant Row.
- The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas is adding Bāng Bar by Momofuku, an original David Chang concept, to the already stellar culinary line up at Block 16 Urban Food Hall this spring. The quick spot to grab freshly griddled flatbread sandwiches and rice bowls is centered in bold, worldly flavors with a focus on two delicious staples: bāng bread and spit-roasted meats.
- M Resort Spa Casino – the official headquarters hotel of the Las Vegas Raiders – will welcome the highly anticipated new Raiders-themed restaurant Raiders Tavern & Grill in the coming weeks. The venue will feature more than 3,400 square feet of dining space as well as two bars, Raiders memorabilia and merchandise. The first of its kind, Raiders Tavern & Grill lends its design and atmosphere to the rich history of the Raiders and the enjoyment of watching sports. With more than 45 high-definition TVs, it will be the ultimate environment for fans year-round.
- Caesars Palace announced the all-new 120-seat bar and lounge, Stadia Bar, anticipated to debut this spring. Stadia will offer a next-level sports viewing experience with lavish amenities, numerous large HD TVs, a menu overflowing with high-end and unique cocktail selections and more. Guests can casually hang out or catch the big game in style with Stadia’s rentable spaces to create an intimate viewing experience for small groups. Replacing Slice Bar, Stadia will be located adjacent to the Forum Food Court and across from Vanderpump Cocktail Garden.
- Award-winning chef Bobby Flay plans to introduce a new restaurant concept, Amalfi by Bobby Flay, also at Caesars Palace. Inspired by Flay’s extensive travels to Italy and the Amalfi Coast, this will be his first Italian restaurant concept. With an anticipated late spring 2021 opening, Amalfi will transport guests to the Mediterranean with its enchanting blend of coastal ease and fresh, bright flavors.
Every aspect of Las Vegas goes above and beyond, and resorts are no exception. Each new resort will offer world-class amenities, culinary options, entertainment venues and cutting-edge technology.
- Circa Las Vegas, the adults-only, integrated gaming resort in downtown Las Vegas opened its doors in December 2020. Located on the iconic Fremont Street Experience, the spectacular 1.25 million-square-foot, 777-room property stands 35 stories tall and is the first gaming resort in historic downtown Las Vegas built from the ground up since 1980. The resort includes the world’s largest sportsbook; Stadium Swim, a year-round pool amphitheater; two-story casino with 1,350 slot machines and 49 table games; eclectic restaurant and bar concepts; Garage Mahal, a high-tech transportation hub; an expansive local art collection and more.
- Virgin Hotels Las Vegas is set to open Thursday, March 25 in the former home of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. The new resort will open with no resort fees and complimentary self-park and Wi-Fi. Featuring innovative design and function, the hotel will have 1,504 exceptionally appointed Chambers, Grand Chamber Suites and Penthouse Suites which will include the Virgin Hotels patented bed and in-room technology. Re-conceptualized and revitalized, Virgin Hotels Las Vegas will feature 60,000 square feet of fully-renovated casino space, more than five acres of luxe upgraded outdoor space and pools, new world-class restaurants, lounges and bars.
- Opening in summer 2021, Resorts World Las Vegas is the first resort to be built on the Las Vegas Strip in more than a decade. The $4.3 billion luxury integrated resort is poised to redefine the hospitality standard in Las Vegas with advanced technology, exciting new experiences and world-class guest service. In partnership with Hilton, Resorts World Las Vegas will offer 3,500 luxury guestrooms and suites from three premium Hilton brands, including Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, and the ultra-luxe Crockfords Las Vegas – one of the first LXR Hotels & Resorts locations in the U.S. Emphasis on luxury can be found throughout the property, including a next-generation casino; world-class food and beverage options; The Theatre, a 5,000-capacity, state-of-the-art venue in partnership with AEG Presents; distinctive nightlife venues; a 5.5-acre pool complex with the city’s only infinity edge pool overlooking the Strip; an extensive retail collection and more.
Discover for yourself why Las Vegas is the only place to be at www.VisitLasVegas.com.
ABOUT THE LVCVA
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) is charged with marketing Southern Nevada as a tourism and convention destination worldwide and with operating the 4.6 million square-foot Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC). With nearly 150,000 hotel rooms and nearly 14 million square feet of meeting and exhibit space in Las Vegas alone, the LVCVA's mission centers on attracting leisure and business visitors to the area. The LVCVA also owns the Convention Center Loop, an underground tunnel designed by The Boring Company to transport convention attendees throughout the 200-acre LVCC campus in all-electric Teslas free of charge. It also owns the Las Vegas Monorail, an elevated 3.9-mile system with seven stops throughout the resort corridor. Both transportation systems will operate when conventions reconvene. For more information, go to www.lvcva.com, www.visitlasvegas.com or www.vegasmeansbusiness.com.
Molly CastanoLVCVAUnited Statesmcastano@lvcva.com702-892-7424