March Mania Leads the Way to a Sports-Filled Spring in Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS – Spring is an exciting time in Las Vegas for sports fans, as NCAA hoops take center-court in the Greatest Arena on Earth—and that’s only the beginning. In addition to the slam-dunk experience of watching March Mania, the destination also boasts a season filled with athletic action—from the court to the ice to the field.
The Party Begins with College Hoops Happenings
- The Mountain West Women’s Basketball Championship returns to the Thomas & Mack Center from Sunday, March 6 to Wednesday, March 9, followed by the Mountain West Men’s Basketball Championship at the Thomas & Mack Center from Wednesday, March 9 to Saturday, March 12.
- The University Credit Union West Coast Conference Men’s and Women’s Basketball Tournament returns to the Orleans Arena at Orleans Hotel & Casino from Thursday, March 3 to Saturday, March 5 and from Monday, March 7 to Tuesday, March 8.
- The Pac-12 Women’s Basketball Tournament returns to Michelob ULTRA Arena from Wednesday, March 2 to Sunday, March 6, while the Pac-12 Men’s Basketball Tournament returns to T-Mobile Arena from Wednesday, March 9 through Saturday, March 12.
- The Hercules Tires Big West Basketball Championships return to the destination at Dollar Loan Center from Tuesday, March 8 to Saturday, March 12.
- The Hercules Tires Western Athletic Conference (WAC) Men’s and Women’s Basketball Tournaments return to Las Vegas with first round games at Michelob ULTRA Arena on Tuesday, March 8, followed by second round, quarterfinals, semifinals and championship play at Orleans Arena, Wednesday, March 9 through Saturday, March 12.
Spring Means Sports in the Greatest Arena on Earth
- Mixed martial arts fans can catch the action in the octagon with UFC 272 as Colby Covington takes on Jorge Masvidal on Saturday, March 5 at T-Mobile Arena.
- The best of competitive racing comes back to Las Vegas with the 2022 Spring NASCAR Weekend, Friday, March 4 to Sunday, March 6, featuring the NASCAR Pennzoil 400, the Alsco Uniforms 300 NASCAR Xfinity Series and the Victoria's Voice Foundation 200 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- The BFGoodrich Tires Mint 400 returns to the destination, featuring a Vehicle Parade on Wednesday, March 9 on the Las Vegas Strip, a free and open to the public Off-Road Festival on Thursday, March 10 on East Fremont Street and races on Friday, March 11 and Saturday, March 12 in Primm, Nev.
- The United States Bowling Congress’ 2022 Open Chamionships roll into the South Point Bowling Plaza Staurday, March 12 through Sunday, July 17.
- The Vegas Knight Hawks launches its inaugural season in the Indoor Football League on Friday, March 18 at Dollar Loan Center.
- Las Vegas Lights FC returns to Cashman Field, kicking off the 2022 season with a home opener on Saturday, March 19.
- The Vegas Golden Knights continue to pursue a playoff berth with home ice matchups at T-Mobile Arena:
- Boston Bruins at Vegas Golden Knights on Thursday, March 3
- Ottawa Senators at Vegas Golden Knights on Sunday, March 6
- Florida Panthers at Vegas Golden Knights on Thursday, March 17
- LA Kings at Vegas Golden Knights on Sunday, March 19
- Nashville Predators at Vegas Golden Knights on Thursday, March 24
- Chicago Blackhawks at Vegas Golden Knights on Saturday, March 26
- The Henderson Silver Knights continue the season with home ice matchups at Dollar Loan Center.
- The Las Vegas Aviators swing into the 2022 season with a home opener against the Reno Aces on Tuesday, April 5 at Las Vegas Ballpark.
- The LGT World Men’s Curling Championship features elite teams competing for the world title from Saturday, April 2 to Sunday, April 10 at Orleans Arena.
- The 2022 NFL Draft will bring football's top prospects and football fans from across the country to Las Vegas, Thursday, April 28 to Saturday, April 30.
- The Las Vegas Aces return to Michelob ULTRA Arena, with its 2022 season home opener against the Seattle Storm on Sunday, May 8.
Get Your Groove on During the Big Dance
- Boyd Gaming will bring March Hoopla happenings to its casinos, offering betting opportunities at its Boyd Gaming Race & Sports Book locations and drink specials throughout the month at Aliante Casino + Hotel + Spa, The Orleans Hotel & Casino, Gold Coast Hotel & Casino, Suncoast Hotel & Casino, Sam’s Town Hotel & Gambling Hall, Cannery Casino & Hotel, California Hotel & Casino, Fremont Hotel & Casino and Main Street Station Casino Brewery Hotel.
- Caesars Entertainment Las Vegas Resorts will offer an expansive roster of Hoops on the Strip specials and packages from Sunday, March 13 through Monday, April 4, featuring unobstructed views of the games, betting stations, drink packages and more at Caesars Race & Sportsbook, Montecristo Cigar Bar, Stadia Bar, VISTA Cocktail Lounge and Alto Bar at Caesars Palace. For poolside plays, catch the games at GO Pool at Flamingo Las Vegas or Influence, The Pool at The LINQ with individual, cabana and daybed food and beverage packages. Plus, Carnaval Court at Harrah’s Las Vegas – the vibrant outdoor bar experience at the heart of the Strip will also feature select beverage packages. At Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino, special beverage packages will be available at Heart Bar or Ringer Wings, Pizza & Sliders Sports Bar.
- Hoops & Hops will transform The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas’ Belmont Ballroom into a reimagined viewing lounge from Thursday, March 17 to Saturday, March 19. The venue will feature wall-to-wall stadium-style projection screens and 10 betting stations, in addition to a hardwood basketball court, interactive games, open bars, an extensive culinary menu and more. Additional viewing opportunities with specials will be available at the resort’s Holsteins Shakes & Buns and CliQue Bar & Lounge.
- Fremont Street Experience celebrates the March college basketball action with the world’s largest tournament bracket, totaling more than 130,000 square feet in downtown Las Vegas. From Thursday, March 17 through Monday, April 4, the six-block entertainment district will keep fans updated daily with a visual which will run every 15 minutes on the world’s largest single video screen, Viva Vision.
- Authentic Bavarian biergarten Hofbräuhaus Las Vegas transforms into the Mad Haus for the NCAA action, with viewing parties from Thursday, March 17 through Sunday, March 20, as well as Sunday, March 27 and Monday, April 4. Viewing opportunities come with guaranteed seating, all-you-can-eat selections from the venue’s menu, premium open bar and complimentary parking.
- HyperX Arena at Luxor Hotel & Casino invites sports fans to catch all the action from Thursday, March 17 to Saturday, March 19, with viewing opportunities on the venue’s LED video wall and TVs located throughout the venue. Small bites will be available for purchase, as well as group seating opportunities.
- The LINQ Promenade will feature Hoops on the Strip viewing parties from Thursday, March 17 through Sunday, March 20. The atmosphere will feature St. Patrick's Day holiday and basketball decor along with a 19-foot-8 inch by 11-foot-1-inch LED video wall on the Fountain Stage showing all the top basketball games as well as pop-up interactive game stations for guests to enjoy a little competition. Hoops on the Strip offerings will take place throughout The LINQ as well at Off The Strip Bistro & Bar, ameriCAN Beer & Cocktails, Tilted Kilt Pub and Eatery and Chayo Mexican Kitchen + Tequila Bar.
- The Still Drafts, Crafts & Eats at The Mirage Hotel & Casino hosts Bracket & Beer viewing parties with food and beverage packages each weekend from Thursday, March 17 to Monday, April 4.
- Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino’s Cabo Wabo Cantina offers game-day bites and cocktails beginning Tuesday, March 15. Games will be presented on TVs visible throughout the cantina, including a 200-inch video grid and 200-inch projection screen.
- Select PT’s Taverns across the destination will offer a Nothin’ But Net Party Pack designed to feed groups, while all locations feature viewing, betting and food and drink specials.
- Gaming bar and restaurant Redtail at Resorts World Las Vegas will offer Battle of the Brackets events, in which visitors can reserve couches, tables or VIP suites with food and drink selections. The resort also offers several specials for March mania, including offerings at Carversteak, Dawg House Saloon, Eight Lounge and Gatsby’s Cocktail Lounge.
- SAHARA Las Vegas presents Hoop Madness viewing parties at its new AZILO Ultra Pool and Chickie’s & Pete’s Crab House and Sports Bar on Thursday, March 17 and Friday, March 18. AZILO will offer VIP poolside viewing packages with open bar options, vantage points of the venue’s high-definition video wall, complimentary poolside games like beer pong and corn hole, access to heated pools and hot tubs and a menu of gameday favorites. Chickie’s & Pete’s also offers specials complete with reserved seating, game-day fare, drinks and bottle service, and access to in-venue William Hill sports betting. Exclusive group reservation opportunities will also be available at each of the venues.
- Station Casinos will enjoy the college madness at Club Madrid Thursday, March 17 and Friday, March 18 at Sunset Station; viewing parties at both Rocks Lounge and Lucky Bar from Thursday, March 17 through Sunday, March 20 at Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa; hoops viewing at Estancia Ballroom at Green Valley Ranch on Thursday, March 17 and Friday, March 18; and a Buckets & Brews tournament-long viewing party inside Tailgate Social Sports Bar & Grill at Palace Station.
- The STRAT Hotel, Casino & SkyPod celebrates March Frenzy with viewing parties and all-you-can-eat packages at PT’s Wings & Sports and View Lounge, beginning Thursday, March 17. All games will be presented on LED video walls, as well as on numerous TVs at PT’s, which is just feet away from betting opportunities at the William Hill Sports Book.
- Treasure Island Hotel & Casino offers several viewing experiences from Thursday, March 17 to Saturday, March 19, offering food and beverage options and on-site betting kiosks. Fans can choose from events at the hotel’s ballrooms, Golden Circle Sportsbook & Bar, or Gilley’s Saloon, Dance Hall & Bar-B-Que. Golden Circle and Gilley’s will also offer patrons a choice of beer specials, including cocktails, beer buckets and more.
- The Venetian Resort Las Vegas presents March Mayhem viewing opportunities at Electra Cocktail Club from Thursday, March 17 to Saturday, March 19. Visitors can watch the action on a 40-foot digital screen while enjoying bottle packages, cocktails, and bites from Moon Palace. The Grand Canal Shoppes’ SUGARCANE raw bar grill will host its college basketball watch party from Thursday, March 17 through Sunday, March 20 featuring game day viewing paired with food and beverage specials; while the shopping destination’s The X Pot will also offer lounge specials including beer buckets, half-off draft beers and discounted lounge menu items.
- Money, Baby! at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas offers viewing opportunities Thursday, March 17 through Monday, April 4, complete with 360-degree views of the action on more than 200 HDTVs. Premium table reservations are also available. Additional viewing opportunities with specials are available at ONE Steakhouse.
ABOUT THE LVCVA
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) is charged with marketing Southern Nevada as a tourism and convention destination worldwide and with operating the 4.6 million square-foot Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC). With 150,000 hotel rooms and more than 14 million square feet of meeting and exhibit space in Las Vegas alone, the LVCVA's mission centers on attracting leisure and business visitors to the area. The LVCVA also owns the Convention Center Loop, an underground tunnel designed by The Boring Company and the Las Vegas Monorail, an elevated 3.9-mile system with seven stops throughout the resort corridor. For more information, go to www.lvcva.com, www.visitlasvegas.com or www.vegasmeansbusiness.com.
Mark AdamsR&R PartnersUnited Statesmark.email@example.com-
Maria PhelanLVCVAUnited Statesmphelan@lvcva.com-