LAS VEGAS – The International Tourism Safety Association, Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA), Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department and the Las Vegas Security Chiefs Association will host the 26th International Tourism Safety Conference at the Las Vegas Convention Center on April 28-May 1. The conference is expected to attract more than 200 attendees from around the world.
For more than two decades, the International Tourism Security Conference has gathered safety and security officials in the travel and tourism industry, focused on providing delegates with new information, trends, equipment, strategies and smart practices in keeping visitors safe.
“The world is constantly changing and it’s incredibly important to make sure tactics and philosophies for keeping visitors and residents safe is evolving at a pace that allows industry professionals to anticipate upcoming trends and adjust accordingly,” said Ray Suppe, president of the International Tourism Safety Association and vice president of customer safety for the LVCVA. “This annual conference brings together some of the world’s top industry talent so we can share experiences and best practices, while working together to develop new ideas and standards that will create positive outcomes.”
Conference presentations will address a variety of tourism security subjects, including securing the southern United States border; crisis and disaster management; urban air mobility trends; travel risk planning; financial fraud in terrorism funding; water security and corporate social responsibility within the industry, and more.
On April 28 and 29, prior to the start of the conference, a Tourism Oriented Policing and Protective Services (TOPPS) certification course will be offered.
Confirmed speakers at the 2019 conference include:
- Jonathan Ballesteros, Founder and CEO, Gyser Technologies
- Royee Beary, Col. (Res.), CEO, More than Security, Ltd.
- Greg Cassell, Fire Chief, Clark County Fire Department
- Gloria I. Chavez, Chief Patrol Agent, El Centro Sector
- Bruce Crawford, Sergeant, Community Policing, Highland Division, Portree Police Station
- David Dezso, Founder and CEO, Banyan Risk Group
- Robin Dreeke, Founder and CEO, People Formula, LLC
- Rory Kelly, Chief Investigator, Stein Mitchell Beato & Missner, LLP
- Hal Kempfer, CEO and Founder, Knowledge & Intelligence Program Professionals (KIPP)
- Joshua Finch, Foreign Services Officer, Overseas Citizens Services, American Citizen Services and Crisis Management Bureau of Consular Affairs
- Teresa Peterson, P.E., C.M.E., LEED AP O&M, ENV SP Vice President, Gannet Fleming
- Joe Robinson, Lieutenant, Reno Police Department
- Ivan Sanchez, Founder and CEO, Tenaz Consulting, Public Affairs & Digital Marketing
- C. David Shepard, MBA, MPAJA, CEO, Chief Preparedness Officer, Readiness Resource Group, Inc.
- Peter E. Tarlow, Ph.D., President and CEO, Tourism & More, Inc.