BOULDER CITY, Nev.
Boulder City Offers Art and Outdoor Adventure This Fall
- Art in the Park (Oct. 5-6): Celebrating its 56th year, Boulder City’s Art in the Park festival will feature more than 300 artists to Bicentennial Park, Wilbur Square and North and South Escalante Parks, Oct. 5-6 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily. The event is one of the largest juried art festivals in the Southwest, with all proceeds benefitting the non-profit Boulder City Hospital Foundation. More than 100,000 visitors are expected to explore the historic downtown area and peruse the work of artists in fine art and crafts.
- Tour The Hoover Dam: Close to one million visitors annually take a tour of The Hoover Dam with hundreds of thousands more crossing between the Arizona and Nevada border over the dam each year. The Hoover Dam was built during the Great Depression to tame the Colorado River. In less than five years, in a harsh and barren land, the largest dam of its time was built. Now, the Hoover Dam stands as a National Historic Landmark and has been rated by the American Society of Civil Engineers as one of America's Seven Modern Civil Engineering Wonders. The dam is open to the public from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily, and offers powerplant tours from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Art Mural Walking Tour: To experience Boulder City’s eclectic art scene, all you have to do is take a leisurely walk around town. Check out the unique sculptures and murals with a downloadable map that highlights pieces by Connie Burnett Ferraro and Patty Sullivan. For a step-by-step tour and in-depth look at each sculpture and mural, please download the Boulder City Chamber of Commerce App.
- Flightlinez Bootleg Canyon: Get a feel for the southwest like never before on a zipline trip in Boulder City. Guests fly from one point to another at speeds of up to 50 miles per hour from the top of Red Mountain and witness views of the colorful mountains surrounding them. During each tour, guides share fun facts about the area's natural and cultural history. The tour includes a total of four runs.
- Desert Adventures: Founded in 2004, this company provides unforgettable day trips, including hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, ATV tours, horseback riding, ziplines, and adventures in nearby national parks, Zion, Bryce, and the Grand Canyon. Desert Adventures is known for its expertise in paddling, with 175 boats in their rental fleet. The outdoor company also provides rentals for camping gear.
- Black Canyon River Adventures: Experience Black Canyon Willow Beach River Adventures through the narrated, smooth-water river raft tour which launches from the base of Hoover Dam. This serene and scenic, five-hour glide down the Colorado River features knowledgeable tour guides, imparting information about the geology, history and wildlife of the Colorado River region. A box lunch in a souvenir cooler is also included.
- Skydive Las Vegas: Skydive Las Vegas is Nevada’s premier professional skydiving facility, dedicated to providing the first-time jumper with the most incredible experience of their lives. For once-in-a-lifetime adventure-seekers, free fall at 120 to 140 miles per hour and enjoy incredible views of the Hoover Dam, Lake Mead, Colorado River, Las Vegas Strip, Valley of Fire, Red Rock Canyon and Mt. Charleston.
- Vegas Glass Kayaks: Vegas Glass Kayaks offer a variety of kayaking options for every skill level and desired experience in unique crystal-clear Kayak/Canoe hybrid boats. Guests can partake in half-day leisurely tours through Black Canyon, full-day excursions from the Hoover Dam down river, as well as kayaking and helicopter tour packages for a full day of adventure from the water and the sky.
- Lake Mead Cruises: One of the best ways to beat the summer heat, Lake Mead Cruises take guests up close and personal with the Hoover Dam in a giant paddle-wheel boat that recalls 19th century Mississippi River boats. The cruises operate all year round and offer scenic sunset rides from April through October.
- Get Out on The Green: Featuring a unique and scenic 418-foot waterfall that cascades over the mountainside, Cascata Golf Club is the perfect way to spend a day in Boulder City. This meticulously manicured 72-par course is one of Nevada’s premier golf destinations with stunning vistas at every turn and a luxurious 37,000-square-foot clubhouse for guests to relax when they’re not teeing off. Boulder Creek Golf Club is a public 27-hole facility created for golfers of every skill level. Oasis-themed holes feature palm trees, beach bunkers, lakes and waterfalls. Golfers can also check out Boulder City Golf Course for wide-open fairways, two lakes, a clubhouse, plus a driving range, which offers golf lessons.
- Lake Mead National Recreation Area: This man-made lake is the largest reservoir in the United States and is most famous for its connection to The Hoover Dam. This peaceful lake is nestled among two beautiful mountain ranges, the River Mountains and the Muddy Mountains. Lake Mead National Recreation Area, made up of the 112-mile-long Lake Mead, includes trails, scenic drives and campsites just waiting to be uncovered. The recreation area is open 24-hours a day, year-round.
- Gold Strike Hot Springs: For expert adventurers, head just outside Boulder City to Gold Strike Hot Springs and take a two-mile trek through Gold Strike Canyon to the glorious hot springs next to the Colorado River. The trail is recommended for advanced hikers due to the steep 600-feet descent through the canyon, which incorporates eight ropes to help navigate down. Peppered through the canyon, visitors can enjoy pockets of hot pools, grottos and waterfalls. Due to Nevada’s high summer temperatures, Gold Strike Hot Springs is closed annually from May 15 – Sept. 30.
- River Mountains Loop Trail: This long loop winds through Boulder City’s quaint town and quickly escapes to the more primitive desert surrounding in the River Mountains. To the east, visitors can enjoy views of Lake Mead with several places to pause and admire the scenery. The trail then winds through Henderson before returning to Boulder City. This trail is great for hiking, climbing and cycling.
Nicole WozniakR&R PartnersUnited Statesnicole.email@example.com
Amanda PetersLVCVAUnited Statesapeters@lvcva.com702-892-0711